Several Nigerian banks as well as their affiliates and associates in other African countries are among winners of the prestigious 10th Global Banking & Finance Review annual awards which have just been announced.
Global Banking & Finance Review is a leading Financial Platform established in 2010 and its annual awards reflect the innovation, achievement, strategy, progressive and inspirational changes taking place within the Global Financial community.
According to the Review, the awards were created to recognize banks, other financial institutions and companies of all sizes which are prominent in particular areas of expertise and excellence within the financial world. The Global Banking and Financial Awards are known throughout the global banking and financial community as a symbol of excellence.
The award categories cover such areas as core Banking, Foreign Exchange, Insurance, Hedge Funds, Pension Fund, Compliance & Advisory Awards, Corporate Governance, Brokerage & Exchange, Project Finance, Binary Options and Investment Management. Other awards are in Technology, Asset & Wealth Management, Islamic Finance, Exchange Traded Fund, Real Estate, Corporate Social Responsibility and Leadership.
The Awards are open to companies of all sizes, thus offering a comprehensive and competitive view of the financial markets that exist across the globe and they are presented on an ongoing basis throughout the year for those countries, regions and sectors from which nominations have been received.
Nigerian banks that featured in the global award winners this list include Ecobank, UBA, Access Bank, Fidelity Bank, Stanbic IBTC, Zenith, First Bank and Unity Bank, with some having their affiliate branches in Ghana, Malawi, Zambia and Benin also on the award list.
The top gong of Banking CEO of the Year for Africa went to Prof. Benedict Oramah, President, African Export-Import Bank is Banking CEO of the Year Africa 2020.
The 2020 Global Banking & Finance Award Winners include:
- Access Bank Zambia Limited as Best Financial Inclusion Technology Solutions Provider Zambia 2020
- Julian Kingsley Opuni, Managing Director, Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd as Banking CEO of the Year Ghana 2020
- Charles Asiedu of Ecobank Malawi as Banking CEO of the Year Malawi 2020
- Adegoke Adegbami, Mainstreet Microfinance Bank as Banking CEO of the Year Nigeria 2020
- Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd as Best Banking Process ( WEB ONBOARDING SOLUTION) Ghana 2020
- Access Bank Zambia Limited as Best Banking Product (WhatsApp Banking) Zambia 2020
- United Bank for Africa as Banking Brand of the Year Cameroon 2020
- Ecobank Malawi as Banking Brand of Year Malawi 2020
- Zenith Bank plc as Banking Group Brand of the Year Nigeria 2020
- Stanbic IBTC Holdings as Holding Group Brand of the Year Awards Nigeria 2020
- Unity Bank plc as Best Agri Business Bank Nigeria 2020
- Ecobank Gambia as Best Corporate Bank Gambia 2020
- Ecobank Nigeria as Best Corporate Bank Nigeria 2020
- Access Bank Gambia as Best Corporate Governance Bank Gambia 2020
- Access Bank Nigeria won the Decade of Excellence Banking Nigeria 2020 award
- Stanbic IBTC Holdings won the Decade of Excellence Holding Group Nigeria 2020 award
- Ecobank Benin as Best Bank for Digital Banking Services Benin 2020
- Ecobank as Best Digital Bank Gambia 2020
- Ecobank as Best Digital Bank Ghana 2020
- Ecobank as Best Digital Bank Liberia 2020
- Ecobank as Best Digital Bank Mali 2020
- United Bank for Africa plc as Best Digital Bank Nigeria 2020
- Ecobank as Best Digital Bank Sierra Leone 2020
- Access Bank Zambia Best Digital Bank Zambia 2020
- Fidelity Bank Ghana as Most Innovative Retail Banking App Ghana 2020
- Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited as Fastest Growing Investment Bank Nigeria 2020
- United Bank for Africa as Fastest Growing Retail Bank Africa 2020
- Sterling Bank as Fastest Growing Retail Bank Nigeria 2020
- Stanbic IBTC Asset Management Limited as Asset Management Company of the Year Nigeria 2020
- Stanbic IBTC Capital Limited as Best Investment Bank Nigeria 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc as Best Investor Relations Bank Western Africa 2020
- Bank of Industry as Best Micro Finance Bank Africa 2020
- Mainstreet Microfinance Bank as Best Micro Finance Bank Nigeria 2020
- Mainstreet Microfinance Bank as Best Bank for Auto Loans Nigeria 2020
- First Bank of Nigeria Ltd as Best Retail Bank Nigeria 2020
- Citibank Nigeria Limited as Best Cash Management Bank Nigeria 2020
- Benedict Oramah, President, African Export-Import Bank is Banking CEO of the Year Africa 2020
A ‘Media Powerhouse’ with its own Online Portal, Print & Digital magazine reaching over 3 million readers worldwide on an annual basis, Global Banking & Finance Review is a leading online and print magazine, which has evolved from the growing need to have a more balanced view, for informative and independent news within the financial community.